Posted: 30th Mar, 2022
SWIM LESSONS AT TORRINGTON SWIMMING POOL
At Active Torridge we love teaching swimming!
We believe swimming is an essential life skill that everyone should have the opportunity to explore. Whether you’re a child or an adult, swimming can help with motor development, improve your confidence and help maintain physical and mental wellbeing.
All our swim lessons follow the Swim England Learn to Swim Programme where students are rewarded throughout their progress. The key benefits to this are:
- Developed by swimming experts – created with professional swimming teachers and coaches by Swim Swim England to provide a pathway of improvement for all stages of experience.
- Engages and motivates learners of every age and ability – fun lesson content and clear, structured stages mean learners and teachers can easily see and monitor progress. This helps to build learner confidence and competence in the water.
- Exciting Awards – our comprehensive range of Awards and badges to motivate children at every stage underpin the Programme. Our Awards scheme is one of the most successful in British Sport, recognised by parents, teachers and swimmers alike.
Lessons run throughout the year on a 50 week plan with students being continually assessed and moved through the stages at their own pace based on ability. There is also an opportunity for parents to monitor their child’s progress on our state of the art home portal which you can access at anytime and anywhere online.
For more information on the Swim England Learn To Swim programme you can download this handy pdf to see the full progression route of our lesson structure.
The content of our programme includes:
- INITIAL ASSESSMENT TO UNDERSTAND THE ENTRY LEVEL
- ALLOCATION OF A SUITABLE CLASS WITH CHILDREN OF THE SAME ABILITY
- A 30 MINUTE CLASS ONCE A WEEK
- CONTINUOUS ASSESSMENT AND FEEDBACK
- REGULAR GRADING FOR PROGRESSION
So why choose Active Torridge…
- SWIM LESSONS FOR ALL AGES AND ABILITIES
- REGULAR PROGRESSION AND ASSESSMENTS
- LESSONS FROM £26 PER MONTH
- FOLLOWING A NATIONALLY ACCREDITED TEACHING PLAN
- LESSONS TAUGHT 50 WEEKS OF THE YEAR
- FULLY QUALIFIED AND EXPERIENCE INSTRUCTORS